It is very common for dentists to recommend treatment that includes some form of tooth extraction, in order to resolve smile imperfections and other dental issues. Here at Specialist Orthodontist Harley Street, we can straighten teeth without any extractions and believe they should be the last resort. Instead, we offer varied Orthodontic Treatment to help treat your teeth and improve your smile, without invasive procedures.
With our advanced technology and 30 years of experience, we can provide our patients with their desired smile, without needing any serious surgeries or extractions. This is one of the main benefits of using a highly experienced orthodontics specialist. Treatments such as Invisalign which uses our 3D iTero scanning technology, can help to straighten teeth and treat various types of dental imperfections and even more serious oral problems too. No extractions necessary!
One of the main benefits of visiting a Specialist Orthodontist instead of a dentist, is the level of experience they have. Our Specialists will be able to offer more treatment options and can also create a unique treatment plan that best suits your needs and teeth. This includes finding treatment options that avoid extractions and other surgery where possible.
Though many dentists still focus on teeth extractions to combat issues such as overcrowding and misaligned teeth, orthodontic treatment is a less invasive alternative, which many dentists who aren't qualified as specialist orthodontists don't consider. A specialist orthodontist can also tell when an orthodontic treatment such as Invisalign can be used to help close significant gaps and fix many other dental problems.
Invisalign treatment has become very popular for teeth straightening as it can alleviate a variety of orthodontic problems and cosmetic issues, without a visible metal brace. This treatment works by gently moving the teeth into the desired position using almost invisible transparent aligners, closing any gaps and re-spacing teeth in an aesthetically pleasing way.
It is more precise than traditional orthodontic treatments. Not only are these aligners more visibly pleasing, but they can also be removed, which will significantly help with eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. Invisalign is also designed to straighten teeth with a lower level of pain in comparison to more traditional metal braces.
Another advantage is that patients can also opt to have teeth whitening treatment as part of Invisalign. This can mean that by the end of the course treatment they not only have avoided potential surgery, but also have a straighter and brighter smile. For those who want a permanent alternative to tooth extractions, Invisalign treatment by a Specialist Orthodontist could be the best option.
Specialist Orthodontics can help to treat a variety of dental problems using Invisalign, including both misaligned teeth and more serious malocclusions too (bite alignment). Using Invisalign treatment, some of the dental problems that our Orthodontic Specialists can help with are:
- Overbite/Overjet: An overbite/overjet happens when the upper teeth protrude past the bottom teeth, causing a gap between the top and bottom teeth when a person bites down.
- Underbite: When the bottom teeth protrude past those on the top as a patient bites down, this is considered an underbite. Most children grow out of this misalignment problem, but adults will need to seek treatment.
- Crossbite: This refers to a bite where teeth are on the inside when they should be on the outside. Although this is considered more of a cosmetic problem, it can become an oral health issue and cause problems further down the line.
- Overcrowding: When an individual has an inadequate amount of room for the top and/or bottom teeth, this is considered overcrowding. This can be caused due to the size of the individual's jaw, teeth or positioning of the teeth, and can create issues with brushing and keeping the teeth clean and healthy.
- Unevenly Spaced Teeth: Unevenly Spaced Teeth can be a noticeable dental problem, and happens when the teeth are widely spread apart, causing big gaps in between the teeth.
Here at Harley Street, we believe in offering the most effective and high-quality care and always strive to find the best treatment options for each patient. With the development of new technology, Specialist Orthodontics can help save your teeth and create a smile that is not only brilliant, but requires no recovery time. Our teeth straightening treatments focus on moving teeth gently into the desired positions and are more effective than even traditional metal braces.
Patients can stop fearing the dentist and can instead have high-quality treatment, with little maintenance and avoiding invasive procedures. If you have been told that you need extractions for your desired result or simply the thought of invasive procedures make you feel fearful, we understand! Contact us today, and we can help create your no-extraction treatment plan!